Delta Airlines Baggage Policy
Each passenger ready to board in Delta flight is permitted to take one carry-on bag (also known as a cabin bag) and one personal item(Laptop, Purse, Briefcase, etc.). However, the airlines would charge for check-in/hold luggage.
Delta Airlines Baggage Weight Limit
Whatever you carry as you cabin bag, ensure it is fit to be moved under the seat or in the overhead storage. As far as the size is concerned, your check-in baggage cannot exceed certain dimensions: 45 linear inches (22×14×9 in) or 115 centimeters ( 56×36×23 cm), including wheels and handles. For carry-on baggage, there is no weight restriction on the majority of routes.
As far as check-in luggage is concerned, 23 kilograms or 50 pounds weight is considered to be the maximum, permitted by the airlines. Similarly, the maximum dimensions for the same remain: 62 linear inches or 157 centimeters.
On being overweight, extra charges would be applied by the airlines based on the weight and size of the bag.
Delta Airlines Baggage Allowance
By now you already know that while traveling with Delta Airlines (at regular basic fares), you are allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item at no cost.
However, on paying additional fees, flights operated by Delta Shuttle or Delta allow 10 bags per passenger (on long routes), whereas, Delta Connection Carrier Flights allow (short-and-medium-haul routes) allow 4 bags per passenger.
Delta Airlines Baggage Fee
It is important to understand the baggage fee, letting you not to pack unnecessary stuff and help you save some money.
The first and second checked bags comply with standard check baggage fees charged by the Airlines. The fees vary according to the different traveling locations.
- If you are traveling within the United States, you would need to pay $30.00 USD on first checked baggage and $40.00 USD on second checked baggage.
- In case you are traveling to the US, Canada, and Mexico from Tahiti, or vice versa, you would be allowed your first checked baggage at absolutely free cost. However, your second checked baggage would cost you around $100.00 CAD.
- On flying to the US or Canada from Panama City PTY or vice versa, your first checked baggage would cost you nothing. However, on traveling in a basic economy, you would need to pay $30.00 USD even on your first checked luggage. On your second bag, you would be charged $40.00 USD.
- On traveling to/from the US, Canada, from/to Ecuador and El Salvador, you wouldn’t need to pay anything on your first checked baggage. However, you would be charged $40.00 CAD on your second checked baggage.
- If you are traveling to the US or Canada from Mexico or vice versa, you would be charged $30.00 CAD on your first checked bag and $55.00 on your second checked bag.
- In case you are traveling to/from the US or Canada from/to Central America, Guyana, Bermuda, Caribbean, and U.S. Virgin Islands, you would be charged $30.00 CAD on your first checked bag and $ 40.00 CAD on your second one.
- On flights between the United States and Canada, the first checked bag would cost you around $30.00 CAD on the first bag and $50.00 CAD on second checked baggage.
- If you are traveling to the US and Canada from Europe and North Africa or vice versa, you would be allowed one checked baggage for no cost while your second checked baggage would cost you about $100.00 USD, $120.00 CAD.
- On traveling to/from the US, Canada, or Mexico from/to India, you are allowed two checked baggage free of cost.
- You would be charged nothing on two checked baggage while traveling to/from the US, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and South America from/to Southern and West Africa.
- On flying to the United States, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and South America to/from Asia, you would be allowed two checked baggage free of cost.
- If you are traveling to the US and Canada from South America or vice versa, you are allowed two checked baggage free of cost.
- On traveling to the US, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and South America from Australia, New Zealand, and The Philippines or vice versa, you would be allowed two checked baggage at no fee at all.
- If you have booked your flights to the United States, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and South America from Israel or vice versa, you are allowed one checked bag at absolute no fee. Your second checked baggage would cost you $100.00 USD/CAD.
- On traveling to/from the US, Canada, and Mexico from/to Saudi Arabia A.E., Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Yemen, you would be allowed two checked baggage absolutely free of cost.
- If you are flying to/from the US, Canada, and Mexico from/to Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan, you would be required to pay no fee for the first checked bag. However, you would be charged $75.00 USD/CAD for the second checked baggage.
Similarly, the third to tenth bag fees are in the range of 150 to 240 USD/CAD/EUR – depending on travel locations.
Please note that currency would be converted to local currency at the departure airport. If you have any confusion regarding this, you can contact Delta Baggage number.
Overweight Baggage Fees
If the bag weight is more than 23 kilograms or 50 pounds but between 24 to 32 kilograms or 51 to 70 pounds on U.S. domestic flights, you would need to pay $100 USD, per overweight bag.
If the bag weight is between 33 to 46 kilograms or 71 to 100 pounds, you would need to pay an additional $200 USD per overweight bag.
Over and above 71 to 100-pound bags would not be accepted.
Oversize Baggage Fees
Delta Airlines charges $200.00 USD extra per oversize bag. You are only allowed the bags whose size range between 63 and 115 linear inches, i.e. 160-292 centimeters. Bags would not be allowed beyond this size.
To know about the Delta Airlines Baggage Fees more in detail, visit Delta airlines website
Call Delta Baggage phone number 1800-221-1212 (TollFree)
Delta Airlines Baggage Tracking
If your bag has been delayed or you need to otherwise track your baggage, you can do it online. Download the Fly Delta App – now go to ‘track my bags.’ You would need to fill the bag tag and your last name to know about the status of your baggage.
Delta Airlines Baggage Claim
The airlines ensure that your baggage is handled with utmost care. However, under unfavorable conditions, if your baggage goes through any harm, the airlines would help you to claim it in every manner.
In case, you need to file a claim for delayed, lost, or damaged baggage, you can visit the Delta Airlines Website and fill the ‘Online Baggage Claim Forms.’ All you got to do is to get the ‘File Reference Number' from the Baggage Service Center. You would be then required to fill the online claim form, filling in details on your itinerary and property.
There is also a Delta Baggage Claim Phone Number which is a helpline number to register your complaint and recover your luggage.
The toll-free number for passenger service
For any kind of queries related to Delta Airlines baggage policy or otherwise, you can contact on toll-free Delta customer service number: 1800-221-1212 (TollFree) You can also seek help for filing a case against a delayed, lost, or damaged bag.