Delta Airlines Frequent- Flyer Program (SkyMiles) - Dial 24/7 (1844-604-0568) TollFree
If you decide to fly with Delta Airlines more frequently, the Delta frequent- flyer program, “Delta SkyMiles,” is meant for you. It is a great way to earn miles by making reservations with the airline and its partners, and by using the Delta dining and shopping portals.
What is SkyMiles?
The frequent-flyer program of Delta Airlines uses a currency which is called SkyMiles. It is regarded as the top airline rewards program in comparison to the other such programs launched even by any of the major U.S. carriers.
How does SkyMiles Work?
If you are enrolled in the Delta Airlines SkyMiles program, you would get to earn at least 5 miles per dollar spent on airline tickets to at its shopping portals. You get your rewards in points that you can later redeem for making reservations or seat upgrades. You can join the program with absolutely no charge by signing up online at Delta's Website.
The best ways to earn SkyMiles
On signing up for the SkyMiles program, you will be immediately able to earn miles on Delta Reservations, Vacation Packages, and Cruises. Also note that you can earn miles on some partner airlines as well – however, you will get to earn miles differently with different partner airlines. Note the significant ways to earn points in the SkyMiles program.
- Earn miles on using Delta Credit Card
Delta offers credit cards in partnership with Amex. Every time you swipe this card, you get to earn bonus points. These cards come with a variety of earning structures, welcome bonuses, annual fees, and perks.
- Join the SkyMiles Dining Program
It is an easy way to earn points on your food expenses. There is a list of some selected restaurants. On joining the program and ordering your food from those restaurants, you can earn between 1 and 5 SkyMiles on every dollar spent. You even get bonus points for posting your reviews for each restaurant within 30 days of you acquiring its services.
- Use Delta SkyMiles Shopping Portal
This portal is home to dozens of popular retailers like Nike, Samsung, and Lululemon and Backcountry. Sign up for this shopping portal and secure a chance to earn up to 15 SkyMiles per dollar spent on your purchases.
- Make expenditures with a general rewards card
While a credit card is the best choice for the people who mostly prefer to fly with Delta, for the rest of the people, otherwise, a general reward credit card is a good choice. You earn 2 to 4 transferable points on every dollar that you spent on services given by Delta Airlines.
How do you Redeem Delta SkyMiles?
The best part about miles is that they don’t come along with any kind of expiry date. This means that you can collect and redeem them anytime for once in a lifetime experience.
Redeem Delta SkyMiles in plenty of ways:
- Travel to 1,000+ destinations around the world
Choose Delta or partner Airlines and book Award Travel (gives you more access to global destinations) for yourself using miles. The most important thing to note is that there is no blackout dates on any Delta Airlines Flight. Follow steps to book award travel using miles:
- Visit Delta Airlines Website and click on ‘Book.’
- Select the box next to “Shop with Miles.”
- Enter your flight preferences, and now click “Find Flights.”
- The Award Calendar presents to you the cheapest Delta Airlines Plane tickets price according to your scheduled travel date.
- Select your flight and complete your purchase.
- Use your miles to get a discount with Delta Vacations
Earn and use miles to get a great discount on all-in-one vacation packages that feature the world's best hotels and curated experiences. Follow the steps to get mileage discount:
- Log on to Delta Vacations.
- Enter your SkyMiles number.
- Follow the mentioned steps and during the “Review & Purchase" step, select miles as your payment type.
- Enter the mile points you want to redeem. The discount would appear in the payment
- Click on “Complete Purchase.”
- Pay With Miles Benefit
If you are Delta SkyMiles American Express Card Members, you get the option to ‘Pay With Miles,’ which is a card benefit to let you take dollars off of Delta tickets and use miles instead. Follow the steps to Pay With Miles:
- Log in at delta.com
- Select “Book a trip”
- Choose flights marked as “Pay with Miles eligible”
- “Trip Summary" page would appear where you can select “Pay with Miles.”
- Continue booking your ticket and confirm your purchase.
- Besides, you can collect enough points to books outbound and return flights. Keeping certain Terms & Conditions in place, you can relax in Delta Comfort on flying to your destination and fly back in Delta One, or upgrade to business class on Delta, using miles.
- You can also use your miles for your favorite magazine subscriptions to read during your flight.
- Another ultimate experience for you could be miles bidding. You can use your miles to bid on exclusive events and get access from SkyMiles Experiences. So, you won’t be surprised if you would get a chance to walk the red carpet or step on the field of your favorite team!
- Do a noble cause as you donate your miles through SkyWish to help those who are needy.
How to earn enough Miles for Delta One?
It is obvious that you need a bucket full of miles to book tickets with Delta One. The best way to earn maximum points is to use Delta Skymiles Credit Cards, co-partnered with Amex. Two best cards include:
- The Platinum Card from American Express – On spending $5,000 in the first three months of your card issuer, you get a bonus of 60,000 points which are worth up to $600 towards travel. You can also access 1,200+ airport lounges worldwide.
- American Express Gold Card- This card is an ultimate choice if you love eating out and shopping on a regular basis. It helps you earn 4x points at worldwide restaurants and 4x points at U.S. supermarkets. On spending, $4,000 in your first 3 months of card issue, you collect 35,000 bonus points.
These Delta SkyMiles American Express Cards can help you earn miles easily, allowing you to reach a higher medallion status.
What to do when you don’t have enough miles for a flight of your choice?
In such a scenario, you can use a combination of miles and dollars to pay for your ticket price. However, the option might not be available on all flights. Follow the steps to use Miles + Cash:
- Visit delta.com and select “Book.”
- Click on the box next to “Shop with Miles.”
- Enter your flight preferences and click on “Find Flights.”
- Choose your flight.
- Select “Show Price In" and change it from “miles" to “Miles + Cash.”
- At the last, complete and confirm your purchase.
Delta Medallion Status Levels
As a SkyMiles member, every time you fly with Delta Airlines, you get one step closer to reach Medallion status which lets you unlock some amazing Delta SkyMiles deals. Each Medallion Tier offers different complimentary benefits and services.
Take a look at the four Medallion tiers and the rewards offered by them:
- As a Diamond Medallion Member, you earn more miles. It is almost about 11 miles per dollar.
- You get priority boarding with First Class, Delta Premium Select, or Delta One Cabins, allowing you to be seated first.
- Besides, you get priority check-in, security line access, and expedited baggage service.
- You have top priority for complimentary upgrades for yourself.
- Waives change fees for award travel. You and your other 8 companions (or lesser) won’t be charged for the first checked bag.
- You get access to the VIP phone line dedicated just to the members of the same level to resolve their queries.
- Even when you are traveling with partner airlines, you get SkyTeam Elite Plus Status which enables you benefits like Priority Baggage Handling and lounge access around the world.
- Save up to $350 per booking on Delta Vacations.
- 25,000 bonus miles.
- A $200 Delta Travel Voucher.
- You get to earn about 9 miles per dollar.
- You are eligible for unlimited complimentary upgrades.
- Waived fees for award travel and baggage. First checked baggage comes with no charge for you and eight of your companions.
- Priority check-in, boarding, security line access, expedited baggage service.
- Get access to a dedicated Medallion phone line for support and service.
- Get SkyTeam Elite Plus Status even on traveling with Partnered Airlines, allowing you priority baggage handling services and worldwide lounge access facilities.
- Save up to $350 per booking on a vacation package.
- Get 20,000 bonus miles.
- Get a $200 Delta Travel Voucher.
Being a Gold Delta Skymiles member, you are subjected to the following benefits:
- Earn 8 miles per dollar.
- Eligible for unlimited complimentary upgrades to first-class and Delta Comfort+ (3 days prior to departure).
- First checked bag free for you and your eight companions.
- Get priority suite of service which includes check-in, boarding, security line access, expedited baggage service.
- Get SkyTeam Elite Plus Status to enjoy benefits like priority baggage handling and lounge access around the world.
- A dedicated Medallion phone line for service and support number.
- Save up to $350 per booking on a vacation package.
- Earn 7 miles per dollar.
- You can go for an unlimited complimentary upgrade beginning 1 day before departure.
- Enjoy the first checked bag free for you and your 8 companions.
- Priority check-in and boarding services.
- You are given SkyTeam Elite Status, allowing you to pick seat of your choice.
- You shall be given call priority over general SkyMiles members.
- Save up to $350 per booking with Delta Vacations.
Having a medallion membership means, you have a special Delta Skymiles Customer Service Phone Number which is accessible to you 24/7.
Note that Delta SkyMiles 1800 Contact Number is only the official number issued by the airlines.
In case of any query related to the frequent flying program, you can contact